Thoughts or scraps of information about all or many kinds of things, especially (a collection of) notes, jottings, or short pieces of writing on all or many kinds of subjects.
Submissions to: email@example.com
Omniana Magazine is run entirely by volunteers. Sadly we are currently unable to pay for your submissions. If you’re unfazed by this prospect, then read on!
Submissions will accepted on a rolling basis depending on the volume of work we receive. Everyone who submits will retain full copyright. Please note our editors may make minor corrections or alterations to your work to maintain grammar and consistency. (We use British English spelling.)
We welcome all submissions, but do ask you refer to Longreads, The White Review, and Narratively to get a feel for our desired writing style. Submissions that follow the premise of ‘5 Skincare Tips’ or ‘My Holiday in XYZ’ will not be considered.
BORING BUT IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- When submitting work, please state which category you’re writing for. If you don’t, we will make an educated guess.
- Don’t forget to write a bio about yourself and include social media links if you want them.
- Submissions should be attached as documents. We will not accept submissions that are contained in the body of the email.
- Essay pieces and reviews should be between 1,000 — 4,000 words; poetry and/or fiction may be any length.
- If you are including images in your submission, please ensure you have obtained them responsibly and are not breaching any tricky copyright issues. You MUST provide credit or we will NOT include the images.
- We do not mind if your submission has appeared on any other sites — whether that’s a personal blog or another website — but please check what the stipulations are with any other sites you have work published on. For example, Litro ask that their submissions cannot have been previously published anywhere in print or online.
- We value creativity and freedom of speech, however we will NOT tolerate submissions which contain hate speech or have an explicit agenda against a person or a group of people based on their religion, ethnicity, gender identity etc.
- This one’s obvious, but also very important: all work MUST be your own. We might not have the time to chase up every submission, but we’re still able to run a quick Google search here and there. Please be a decent person and do not steal.
We can’t wait to hear from you!